Effective from: 22.02.2021
Junkyard is part of the Varner Group.
By using our services and this website, you agree that Varner AS processes your personal data in accordance with this data protection declaration and the current privacy regulations. We handle data about you in different ways depending on whether you only visit our website, whether you are an unregistered customer, whether you have created a user account in the online store, whether you are subscribed to a newsletter or whether you are a member of the loyalty programme. By providing your personal data, you agree that we use your information to provide the services you use.
The data protection declaration includes the processing of personal data related to membership of the loyalty programme. The loyalty programme will be launched during 2021 and will give you the opportunity to become a member and take advantage of the benefits it provides.
WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA?
Personal data covers all information that can be used to identify a person. Personal data can, for example, be a first name, last name, address, email address or other contact information.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA IS PROCESSED?
Varner AS is the data controller responsible for processing your personal data in accordance with the current privacy regulations. We wish to provide you with the best possible shopping experience with us, and you will find an overview here of how we manage your personal data in accordance with the Norwegian Personal Data Act, including EU Regulation 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation, hereinafter referred to as "GDPR").
This is the personal data we process:
- Basic information you provide, such as name, address, mobile number, email address, etc. The information you provide may also be supplemented via lookup services (e.g. we retrieve your contact details). We do this to be able to deliver the services we offer, for identification and registration purposes, to provide good service etc.
- User account information in our online store, such as order information, privacy settings, etc. This is to be able to manage your customer relationship and provide you with a better shopping experience, provide good service and be able to contact you if required.
- Information related to subscription to newsletters
- Information related to membership of our loyalty programme, such as bonus accrual, interest in and consent to communication, privacy settings, etc. This is to be able to manage your membership and your bonus accrual, grant you the benefits you qualify for as a member, provide you with relevant communication in the channels you choose, provide good service and be able to contact you if required.
- Information related to the use of our services. For example, which device you use when you visit our websites, data collected via cookies about which pages you visit, which communication you have received and acted upon, which product notifications you have received, which membership offers and customised content you have used, which customer surveys you have completed etc .
- Personal data related to purchases and reservations. For example, which products you have bought, which store you have shopped in, reservations you have made in our stores, which delivery method you used, payment method etc.
- Data derived from other information, whether generated or provided, such as marketing segments and other information about our users' shopping habits to better understand them.
- Information you provide via our customer service
- Any other information collected on the basis of your consent. In this case, you will receive specific information about what data we collect and what it is used for when we request your consent.
WHAT IS MY PERSONAL DATA USED FOR?
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
Providing our products and services
Your personal data is used to provide you with the best possible products and services, and the legal basis for processing personal data is to fulfil an agreement to which you are a party. Examples of purposes for processing personal data:
- Managing your orders/purchases/returns in the online store or shop
- Providing information/updates regarding your orders/purchases/returns in the online store or shop
- Responding to your enquiries in connection with a purchase
- Identifying the user/member to provide a better and easier shopping experience
- Sending a digital receipt to you as a member when your make a purchase in one of our physical shops
- Giving you the opportunity to participate in the draw for "limited edition" products etc.
To be able to communicate news, offers, product selections, member-only offers, information about functionality, changes to/news about our services, or anything else that is assumed to be relevant to you, via email or SMS.
If you have signed up for newsletter, the legal basis for processing personal data for this purpose is consent.
If you are a member of the loyalty programme, the legal basis for processing personal data for this purpose is to fulfil an agreement to which you are a party. You can manage your consent to communication via email and SMS.
If you have a user account in our online store, the legal basis for processing personal data for this purpose is a legitimate interest.
Marketing on our digital platforms
We process personal data for marketing purposes in accordance with the current legislation.
The legal basis for processing for you as a member or person with a user account in the online store is to fulfil an agreement to which you are a party.
The legal basis for treatment for you as a guest or visitor to our website is a legitimate interest in marketing our products and services.
Personal data is used in this context to, for example,
- Customise content on our websites based on personal data, settings, preferences, purchase and usage patterns.
Marketing on other digital platforms
We want the ads you as a member or newsletter subscriber receive from us in other media to be relevant to you. In order to show you relevant ads on other digital platforms, such as Facebook and Google, we compare personal data such as your email address and mobile number with the corresponding identifier of that particular media. Customisation is only based on what we know about you, not based on data other media have, beyond that which is required to identify you.
If you have signed up for newsletter, the legal basis for processing personal data for this purpose is consent.
If you are a member of the loyalty programme, the legal basis for processing personal data for this purpose is to fulfil an agreement to which you are a party.
Customised shopping experience and communication
To make the shopping experience the best possible for you as a member, we personalise content and communication specifically for you. We do this based on your use of our services, your purchase history, personal data, preferences etc, and can for example provide personalised offers, product recommendations and content via email and on our websites. The legal basis for this purpose is to fulfil an agreement to which you are a party as a member of our loyalty programme, so that we can adapt our services to you as a customer as best as possible.
Managing your user account, newsletter subscription and membership
We use your personal data in connection with the creation and management of a user account, newsletter subscription and membership of the loyalty programme, and the legal basis for the processing of personal data is to fulfil an agreement to which you are a party. The purpose in this context includes:
- Creating and managing a personal user account in our online store
- Creating and managing membership of and bonus accrual in our loyalty programme
- Creating and managing newsletter subscriptions
- Providing information about new or changed services, for example new payment solutions, benefits of the loyalty programme, etc.
- Responding to your enquiries regarding user accounts, newsletter subscriptions or membership
When you shop without a user account, you will be assigned a unique customer identification number.
Analysis and development
We use personal data to understand usage patterns and requirements and to further develop our services and products. The legal basis for the processing of personal data is a legitimate interest in improving our services, and includes, among other things:
- Using statistical data to group users based on, for example, place of residence, age, duration of customer relationship, browsing of our websites, use of membership benefits etc, to understand how this affects requirements for and use of our services. In these cases, the data will be processed in an aggregated and/or anonymised format
- Collecting and analysing information, through customer surveys, customer service, suggestions submitted etc, to understand usage patterns and requirements in the work of developing our services and products
- Testing and improving our systems/services/products
Security and prevention of misuse
We will be able to process personal data to ensure good security for all our services and to uncover or prevent various types of misuse of services and fraud. The legal basis for processing personal data for this purpose is our legitimate interest in, among other things, detecting fraud or the misuse of our services or payment methods.
DO YOU SHARE MY PERSONAL DATA?
Our suppliers require personal data to be able to provide services to us within the scope of the processing activities set forth in this data protection declaration. We have data processing agreements with relevant suppliers that clearly set out how they may use your personal data in accordance with the current privacy regulations.
We share your personal data with our suppliers within the following areas:
- Customer service
- Technical support
- Communications services
Following campaigns, we may wish to measure sales against marketing activities in order to be able to provide more relevant offers in the future, and this is undertaken by comparing deidentified (hashed) purchase data with marketing activities by third parties.
WHERE IS MY PERSONAL DATA STORED?
All your personal data is stored within the EU/EEA, but some of our suppliers have technical support services located outside the EU/EEA. By using these support services, any processing of your personal data will be regulated in accordance with the EU/EEA standard contract for transfer to third countries or another approved transfer mechanism with the requirement for any additional security, as necessary. We are constantly working to ensure that we and our suppliers comply with privacy regulations, also for transfers to third countries.
HOW CAN I MANAGE MY PERSONAL DATA?
You may choose to change your personal data at any time. You can either do this yourself via your pages or contact us for assistance.
- If you wish to have access your personal data, you have the right to request this.
- If you wish to have your personal data corrected, you have the right to request this.
- If you wish to have your personal data deleted, you have the right to do so as long as we are not required by law to store it.
- If you wish to limit the processing of your personal data, you have the right to request this.
- You will receive information from us if we make corrections to or delete your personal data, or if we restrict processing.
- You have the option to demand that your personal data be disclosed in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format, and to take the information with you to another undertaking. This only applies to data you have actively provided.
- You have the right to notify us if you believe we are not processing your personal information correctly.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO MY PERSONAL DATA?
Your personal data is only processed by authorised personnel who have access to the information by virtue of their professional position, and who are subject to an obligation to collect/use the data only for the specified and legitimate purpose for which it was collected.
HOW LONG DO YOU STORE DATA?
Your personal data will be stored as long as necessary to perform the services described in this data protection declaration, or for as long as this is required due to a legal obligation. It will then be deleted.
HOW DO YOU SECURE MY PERSONAL DATA?
We store your personal data in our operating environments. These environments use standard security methods to prevent unauthorised access. We comply with common standards for protecting personal information and sensitive information.
HOW DO THE REGULATIONS ON PERSONAL DATA WORK?
All processing of personal data, such as collection, registration, storage and disclosure, is subject to special rules, including those of the Norwegian Personal Data Act. Varner AS is responsible for ensuring that data processing takes place in accordance with the provisions of the act, i.e. is the "data controller". The Norwegian Data Protection Authority governs compliance with the regulations in Norway. You have the right to submit a complaint to the Norwegian Data Protection Authority regarding the data processing done conducted by the data controller related to this data protection declaration.
When you visit our websites, cookies are used to recognise your computer or mobile phone. Cookies make it easier for you, as they remember login information on your next visit. They provide us with information about your behaviour on our website, which allows us to customise more relevant content for you. You can consent to and read more about Cookies here.
The data controller is Varner AS, Nesøyveien 4, 1376 Billingstad, Norway. If you have questions about your membership or your personal data, feel free to contact us at [email protected].